Wednesday, March 5, 2014

3.5.2014...

who do you surround yourself with?  who do you choose to share your life with...the mundane, day-to-day stuff...and, more importantly, the deeply intimate pieces of you that lie far beneath the surface?  do you carefully select those you let in or do you open up willingly to anyone who will listen?  i've thought a lot lately about the people in my life...all of which, at this point, are on this journey with me because i want them to be.  it's said that we tend to become like those we spend the most time with, and after really thinking about it, i gotta say that's pretty much dead on.  which leads me to want to surround myself - and m - with the best people possible.  some people suck the life right out of you while others do the exact opposite...they build you up and encourage your dreams and help you however you need them to even if that means offering a shoulder or making you laugh or buying you a drink or just reminding you that this life is better lived when shared.  they meet you right where you're at and don't expect you to be anything you're not.  their love is genuine and so is their friendship.  they are good people. 

so...who do you surround yourself with?  are you proud of the people you call friends?  do they make your life better or do you feel somehow less (or more, i suppose, if they cause you stress or anxiety) when you are with them?  and when you choose to share your life with someone; don't choose the better person...choose the one who makes YOU a better person.  

1 comment:

  1. I surround myself with YOU! I'm glad that we are friends - you are always there to listen and to offer advice. This is one of your most amazing gifts. I'm glad that you are on my life adventure. You are genuine and authentic and above all, have the most amazing heart of anyone I know.

    ReplyDelete