Thursday, July 25, 2013

35, er 36...

I turned 36 today.  36.  Thirty-six.  I gotta say, I'm good with it.  Really good.  What is it that they say?  Age is just a number?  Well, I don't think that's entirely true.  Whether we wanna admit it or not, we are somewhat defined by our age...both good and bad.  I'm well into my mid-thirties.  I won't lie, that sounds weird, yet kinda awesome.  Of course I worry that some of the best parts of my life are behind me...that I've maybe missed opportunities or wasted time.  But, in the same token, I choose to believe I have so much more ahead of me.  I am entering this year of my life looking forward to some great things...M comes home in just over a week...I will be starting a new job that I truly know will allow me to use my real gifts...time off with my girl before school starts...and this feeling that good things are coming, as strange as that sounds.  I'm excited and peaceful all at the same time.  Like I'm on the verge of something yet I don't quite know what. 

There isn't much to say about the past year.  Looking back there are things I am beyond thankful for...people I am even more certain I can't imagine living without...moments that scared the hell outta me...and moments that taught me to fly.  I have a tiny red bow on the inside of my left wrist that will always remind me of this year.  I have memories that are mine alone and others made richer because of those I share them with.  All in all, I am happy to turn the page on 35 and start a new chapter with 36.  

I can see glimpses of the future and I'm crazy excited to experience every bit of it!  So, this 36 year old who did nothing less than play kickball in her high school cheerleading skirt the night before her birthday, can't wait to see what the next 364 days hold!  


No comments:

Post a Comment