Wednesday, April 18, 2012

4.18.2012...

"to be fully seen by somebody, and be loved anyhow - this is a human offering that can border on miraculous" - elizabeth gilbert

strip me down. expose my soul. see the bareness of me; vulnerable and incomplete yet full of promise and hope for what i know is possible...

love with eyes wide-open.  to be seen truly as we are; beautifully damaged, full of faults, without reservation or filter....

no walls, no guards...simply honest...completely open and aware of each other in every moment...

see past the stories, past the insecurities, past the...past.  i am not defined by those moments, they aren't who i am...but are only pieces of my story.  see me for who i am, what i believe, where i stand...in this very moment...for that is where we all are...

step away from what we thought we knew...see something greater, something bigger than anything we ever thought possible.  open my eyes to everything i can't see...show me the world as You see it, through Your eyes.  help me to see the things i don't and help me to know where i'm supposed to be.  love me selflessly in all my incompleteness...and teach me to do the same...

vulnerable intensity...the ability to see what is real, to know that for once in your life you are the one who is special...to believe in the person standing in front of you...to trust them with every secret, everything you are, and everything you aren't...and to know that there is a good chance they could break you...but, to love them anyway...

life is like this...most of the time we are so selfish, so careless, we can't see beyond ourselves.  we miss so much...close our eyes to that which is too painful, too hard to see...often because we can't imagine that we could ever make a difference.  i don't want to be blind...i don't want to ignore it.  i want to see it all, to tell their stories; however painful they might be...simply because we all deserve to be accepted as we are, loved in spite of our lot in life and chosen for the potential we all hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment