Wednesday, September 28, 2011

fifth row

the fifth row seat, that's always where you'll find her...
the little girl with the blonde hair and the big blue eyes and the oh so very round cheeks...
her hand pressed against the window, sometimes waving, often almost reaching...
my heart resides within her chest, where it's been since that early january morning.
she is everything good in my life, the picture of perfect to me...
each time her little hand reaches up for mine my heart expands just a little more...
her sense of security wavers...one moment she steps away from me, needing little more than to know i'm "somewhere"...the next she holds tight to me, gathering strength from my nearness.
what she doesn't know...what she can't possibly comprehend, is that i gain strength from her too...
knowing she trusts me, that in her eyes i can do anything, that in my moments of weakness i am still all she needs...
she is my fifth row...my security...my stability.


No comments:

Post a Comment